Friday, February 02, 2007

Part 4 - Of AYA Festival and foochow gang...

Yeah!!! The most anticipated moment is finally here... I'm so very extremely glad that i am able to be one part of it... For ur information, i was one of the volunteer for this amazing festival and i never regretted having spending so much time helping out to make this charity event a success...

All the 5 volunteers from INTEC, UiTM
From left - Joanne, me, Eileen, Cheng Ing
Middle - Grace(the one wif black AYA T-shirt)

The stage where all the bands will be performing -
Sonicflood from USA, Altered Frequency and Unabashed from Malaysia.
Other performers including Suki from One in a Million, Tessie from Actschurch and Mia Palencia from Malaysia too.


Putra Stadium, Bukit Jalil - the place where the festival will be held.

Did i mention that i was in the security team. Wonder y they choose me to be in the team but maybe i prayed hard to be in backstage but instead they placed me to be in the human barrier team, where most of the time i m facing the crowd, not the bands. Here is Joel, the security team leader giving all the members a tour of the stadium so that we get familiarise wif it. As security 'guards', we can't get lost ourselves, can we?

All those who turn out for this life changing event. Hope u guys had a good and fun time having fellowship with each other and with God too.

The head of security guards - Joel, as seen in pic stading behind Sonicflood, the most down-to-earth band in this whole wide world. They are the most friendly bunch of ppl that i had ever met in my entire life. They even offered to take pic wif all the volunteers after the autograph session. I was sooooooo touched by them. Love you all SONICFLOOD!!!!!

Mia Palencia - who sings Yes Jesus loves me which bring back all the good memories back in Sunday Sch...

As i have mention juz now, i was in the human barrier team - which means most of the time i will be facing the crowd to control them so they will not get too crazy just in case (some probably might throw their undergarments on stage... who noes???) Before that, i admit i have been a little starstruck for a while but God put me in the human barrier team to remind me once again to fix my eyes on Him, not the bands who come... I was quite thankful that i was actually not in the backstage team (although before that i was asking God to put me there so that i can see all the bands and performers) This is because if i was back there doing nth but looking at those ppl, i will miss a lot from God... While we were singing praises, the band was playing behind me but i felt that i sensed God even more than the usual praise and worship... i experienced God more because i get to listen to the words of the songs instead of seeing it wif my eyes... it was such a wonderful time having worshiping and serving at the same time...
It is also heartening to see ppl singing together with the band... I see all those faces glowing with satisfaction when singing, some even dance and jump to the beat but its all for God...
Apart from that, i was glad to see the foochow gang from Sibu too... led by Aunty Michele, Lawson, Jonathan and Roy came all the way from Sarawak for this memorable event... It's been some time since i last seen them and hope they enjoy the stay here... Hope to see u guys soon in Sibu...
Til i see u... auf wiedersehen!!!



2 comments:

Doralto said...

I so envy you all who can attend and you people there who can join in the volunteers! I wanna go! Maybe next time... *wink* Pray. Should give more details about it to let me know since I can't be there XD

emma said...

oh my...they went too.(lawson them).such a suprise. I want~~~ >_<