Saturday, June 23, 2007

Random stuff bout me... (1)

Music genre tat i listen to...

I m basically a neutral person... i listen to whatever which is pleasing to my ears... i grew up in a family whereby my dad is a super classic fan... so i got use to listening to those sleeping-pill effect classical music... however, some of the chinese oldies are really good and relaxing...
Teresa Teng, one of my all-time favourite... too bad she died young
Chai qing, my dad played her songs so hard that i can remembered the lyrics of nearly all her songs...

Abba, The Carpenters, The beatles and some other singer which i forgot their names...

oh so ever boring classical music... (sorry grace)

as i grew up... i start to listen to my own songs... during my time, boy bands are really selling good, for example, westlife, nsync, backstreet boys, 98 degrees, S-club 7, a-teens etc... so, like any other jiggly-giggly-sniggery teenage girls, i do listen to them, some are nice and some are just because of their cute members...My favourite boy band of all times... Westlife rocks!!!
















during my secondary school, i started listening to chinese pop song, like Jay Chou, Jolin Tsai, David Tao, Angela Zhang, Tanya Chua and many uncountable taiwanese artists...

























at times i do listen to some rock music, either light or heavy i listen to all of them... if my fren say that some rock band are nice, then i go listen to it... most of the time i watch mtv or channel [v] to know the latest news on music...











From left : Artic monkeys, Fall Out Boy, John Mayer and The strokes









i don really like metal or even listen to them until when i reach college and met some funny frens... haha... (yes amir, i m referring to u) amir half-forced me to listen to some of his metal music (which he insists is GOOD music) and to my surprise, some of the metal songs are quite nice, if u ignore the part when u don actually noe what they are singing (shud i say mumbling and growling...) btw, germany very own metal band rammstein are quite nice...
Check out their music videos at youtube, but be careful, most of them are quite disturbing...

lately i m very into girl vocals... their songs are nice bcoz the singers have such strong vocal expression... ppl like joss stone, kelly clarkson, natasha bedingfield, katherine mcphee etc are really making the girls proud... some mtv-s of Natasha Bedingfield are very colourful and very interesting too... they always never fail to put a smile on my face...





Joss Stone












jazz is one of my favourite too... i first started to listen to jazz because norah jones juz won many awards at the grammys... and my dad at tat time was so into jazz (resulting in i can memorize more than half of the songs by norah...) then when spiderman came out, michael buble was a real hotty... i mean the songs... lately, after i watch mtv movie awards, i accidentally heard the song 'rehab' by Amy Winehouse and i was hooked up by it... the song was sooo cool, and i think she finally bring some sexy sense back into this world... go amy!!!
Amy's song currently tops my window media player playlist...










Norah Jones and Michael Buble

2 comments:

Eugene said...

jiggly-giggly-sniggery teenage girls!? *patrified*

Taiwanese artistes are cool and uncountable... F.I.R. rockz *seriously*

thegoz said...

HAhahhaha....! I'm glad I kinda/sorta/pretty much put the metal in you. \m/

Btw, some classical music are really dark/sinister and they actually had a great influence on the early heavy metal. Try Richard Wagner.