Friday, October 15, 2010

Be myself

There's not many ppl out there who let me be myself when i am around with them. That's the main identity issue i face when i am wif different ppl because i don't know how to react to them anymore. To some ppl i can easily be myself, to others, i just hav to put on a mask.

This post is for those who trust me and appreciate me for being who i am, the real me. Thank you very much!

btw, i juz found a verse that really strike me regarding wat i faced last week :

James 1:19
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. For man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Just in time to learn this precious lesson!

3 comments:

Chelle~ said...

Pat..me too :( There are people whom we are very comfortable with, and we can easily be our true selves infront of them, but in front of some other people,we tend to not show some part of ourselves. is that what we called 双面人? :S

Pat said...

i use to feel like a 双面人 too until i read this in 1 Cor 9:19-23

" 19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. "

hope this helps to un-doubt urself and encourage u to go all out for the sake of the gospel! jia you michelle!

Vincent said...

你永远都是我们最好的 mather :)

Kidding la, haha, but you're fine just the way you are Pat. And I treat you and Grace and Gloria the SAME so don't mention about the Rome thing already k? Nge nge want to bring to this topic ;)

hahahha。