Friday, August 19, 2011

When will i ever be...

married?  nah just joking...

content is the word.  When will I ever be content?

As the first child of the family, i think i have first-born-syndrome. (duh!)
I tend to explore everything by myself since there's no one telling me what to do or what not to do.  I am a people-pleaser, my parents or even the whole family have great expectations on me and it is up to me to fulfill them. 

And lately in my daily walk as a christian, I unintentionally applied the traits mentioned above.  I am interested in how other leader do or see things so that I can imitate them.  I read books on how to know the will of God or I kiss dating goodbye to make sure I am doing it all right.  Every major decisions that I made, I spend most of my brain cells worrying and struggling to choose the 'right' one or to make it the 'right' one.

Micah 6:8:
“He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”

Sounds simple.

Am I happy with where I am now?  When will I ever be content with myself, other people and everything else?

1 comment:

Amir said...

perlahan-lahan kita merangkak,
siapa kata hidup tak boleh dicongaK?
tengok atas tengok bawah,
jenguk di tepi siapa di sebelah?
mereka pun merana, mereka pun bodoh macam kita,
bukannya susah sangat untuk bersyukur,
tak perlu sujud cuma bebaskan dari takbur.
sesetengah manusia hidup tidak bertuhan.
tapi kesemuanya perlukan kesyukuran.

aku rasa kita cuma perlu bebaskan diri dari rasa bersalah dan kekesalan. kita hidup ini bukannya berhutang dengan siapa-siapa.