Saturday, December 15, 2007

Thoughts on benchwork

during my 3 weeks of GMI, the one thing tat impact me the most is the benchwork... it is through benchwork tat i realise sth important... i get to know more about Jesus's life before he went out to preach the gospel...

one day, my fren came to me while i was sawing my metal workpiece n told me :
"u must be good in this."

(quite confuse by this statement) i ask back :
"Why?"

"Coz u r a Christian"
(what he meant is Jesus being a carpenter)

Then i realise... so this is how Jesus spend most of his time doing... so i manage to hav a glimpse of Jesus life...

no wonder He can be physically so strong because it really take a lot of effort to saw even a small part of the metal workpiece...

no wonder He can be so patience when dealing wif ppl who do not understand Him because it really take a lot of time juz to make the surface smooth n flat (90 degrees to the horizontal...)

no wonder He can be so careful about things He say or He does because when handling the workpiece, we cannot afford to make mistakes otherwise it cannot be make up again...

no wonder He can be so precise in the things He say to make sure the message gets through His ppl because when hitting the hammer, we must be precise otherwise u will end up wif a sore thumb like me...

no wonder He is so well prepared in His ministry because when drilling a hole, we must first prepare a guider by punching a small hole on the surface...

and sometimes, i even feel tat Jesus is like the workpiece, so willingly giv up His life for us so tat we can be saved...

there are also times i feel like we are the workpiece, we must be willing to offer ourselves to be drilled, punched, sawed, filed, smoothened, flattened, corrected etc so tat we can be the final masterpiece...

benchwork is not a bad thing after all... (now i juz hope i did not fail my electric class) haha

10 comments:

Eunice said...

NICE!!! Eat kampua!!!! lol..i v sien.. =P but i still dun wanna go back intec..hahahahaha...sue me..

nothing to update la,so my blog is currently hibernatin. actually it's more of 'lazy' to update..

c ya!

kedekut said...

wow Pat wat an awesome testimony... He is The Master Carpenter of our lives indeed... PTL!

gloria :) said...

hey pat..very nice reflection...truly meaningful..:) I MISS YOU!!!!

cal said...

wah....

amen! amen!!

Pat said...

i only had 1 kampua so far... only come back few days nia... thanz for all the comments... really appreciate it... try my best to update more on my christmas here in sibu...

Leen said...

Make me miss engineering again. T__T

hehe, good thing you love your benchwork. Next time when I see you, must teach me some skills also ah.

natsumi said...

hehe..

Wayfarer said...

hey hey....an insightful reflection. thank you for being 'quiet' enough to hear that.
blessed by it.

Pat said...

thanz wayfarer...
i was wondering how u noe tat i m indeed quiet this Christmas...

i lost my voice once again ppl!!! could not utter a word for 2 days... now recovering... praise the Lord for the losing of my voice n the recovering from it... haha

Wayfarer said...

Hahahaha..... I know you're 'quiet' cos couldn't 'hear' you mah!!! hehehe.....

What I meant by 'quiet'(just in case you blur) is being quiet enough to let a leetle voice speak to you about benchwork and being still enough to allow the reflection to grow fully.