Thursday, March 15, 2007

The best birthday ever and the last....

Yesterday was kind of surprising actually... i had the longest surprisES ever with so many ppl singing birthday songs to me and i had to act as if i don't know they are going to do so... here goes the story...

Yesterday was my 19th birthday (i m soooo old d...) and i had the privilege to serve God on my birthday itself...I was helping out with a church camp organized by the churches of Sarikei as a Game master or watever it is called... 12 of us were divided into groups of different moral values such as love, self-control and others... I am in charge of a station and mine was called 'fu zhe' (in eng it means 'responsiblity'... its actually a game to to develope a sense of responsibility among all the group members... wat happen is tat the game master before mine actually told the groups tat if they sing birthday song when they come to my station, they will be rewarded wif extra points and i guess u all noe wat will happen next... i have all the groups singing the 'happy birthday' song to me and it was quite touching at first... however after tat, it was kind of paiseh but i appreciate all their effort and had to pretend to be surprised anyway...

When i tot everything was over, then all of my frens from wesley came out wif a cake out of nowhere and started to sing the birthday song AGAIN to me... then they get oliver to pray for me and it was the best present i ever receive tat day... thank you all who prepare this - i think sabrina was behind all this but nontheless thank you everyone - timothy, dorothy, grace, michelle, san san, melisa, roy, ah liang, jonathan, alen, sabrina, oliver, pastor lisa and all the pastor from the camp... really had a great time spending time wif all of u at the camp...

Thank you everyone who take the time to type a msg to wish me a very happy birthday - helen, alvin, grace ham, johnson, amanda, daniel, joanne, eileen, gloria, soibah, izzah, eunice, joash, erin, my evil twin sister evelyn, ah saw, happy wong, janice, dewei, ah fong, lawson, aaron, rachel, my cousin ah ing, tze qiang, and those who are yet to be named... thank you for all the birthday wishes and though i cannot thank you one by one, i really appreciate it!!!

This is the last birthday wif a 1 in front of my age... next year i will be 20... can't believe i survived this world for nearly one fifth of a century and i hope my years ahead will be a better one...

4 comments:

thegoz said...

Yesterday was ur birthday? I din know that. Happy birthday pat!

Robert said...

Hey belated Happy Birthday...and looks like you had a good time...well you can also visit my blog on Birthday Wishes sometime for some more resources and fun on birthdays!!!

thegoz said...

i somehow have a strong feeling that "robert" is a stranger to pat. don't advertise here la bro...

Pat said...

haha... u din noe tat??? yesterday was my and albert einstein birthday... anyway, u did a video for me and it was enuf to cover everything up... haha...

u mean he is actually advertising on my blog??? wat for??? no one read this except u... haha