Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Overwhelmed...

Had so much breakthrough for the past month... the testimonies juz keep coming n multiplying... so open ur eyes n hearts to see the wonderful things tat happen to me last month...

First was about the loudness in some worship session... i noe i always get affected by the fact tat the worship team is too loud, not only CA but church as well... i had the tendency to judge worship team according to the loudness... (maybe its partly due to the fact tat i was from a conservative home church) but tat cannot be the reason i judge ppl, conservative or not conservative, everyone is the same in God's eye... i was so ignorant n arrogant to believe tat the real worship team need to suit the congregation to lead them to a worship mood... i was SO wrong!!! i was reminded n rebuked publicly by a pastor in church during one of the sunday morning service... to me, the worship team was exceptionally LOUD tat morning, n i was sitting in one of the front rows in church, juz behind the deacons n elders... i was so stupid to let the ways of the evil to affect me n so i tot to myself, "how can i worship wif this kind of music..." i let my pride take over n i was so stuck there at tat moment... i could not help but thinking of moving to the back n then it hits me... y m i doing this, letting MUSIC to decide whether i had a good or bad or loud or quite P&W session? God reminded me tat music is not the main thing in a P&W session... worship is between me n God, not some music or lyrics ... i could not help but laugh at my little faith... however, i hav a great God... however small my faith is, He is stil there for me... after tat, pastor went up on stage n asked to worship team to stay back... apparently i m not the only one who thinks tat the worship team is loud... so i tot pastor is going to tegur them not to be too loud next time but instead he start to ask the drummer to play his drum... of coz lah, if u play alone n the whole congregation is looking at u, u sure play soft soft de... then pastor really starts to get a bit agitated n asked the drummer, "Hav u done ur best for God? then it hits me... preach it pastor!!! i start to feel ashame n guilty... after hearing this, the drummer hit the drumset wif all his heart n mind n soul n suddenly... i don feel tat he is loud lor... then the guitar, bass, piano all went in together n worship begins... this time, wif another perspective... although sitting at the third row, i felt the peace in me even though i could feel the drumbeats banging on my heart... 'thud thud... thud thud...' it was as if God is knocking on my heart but before tat i was too ignorant to notice it n open my heart for Him... worship is after all between individual n God... after the service, i felt so convicted because i was the one going around poking at CA's worship team being sometimes too loud n i let it affect my worship in some of the P&W session... how could i stop ppl from giving their best to God by playing the drums (sorry amos...) or guitar or piano or organ wif all the heart n soul??? Lord, forgive me for i had been so ignorant to You... take away my pride n help me swallow it...

Second was a lighter one... haha... it happen on a saturday when i was planning to go to my aunt's place... she's staying wif my cousin at kota damansara so as usual i had to go there by public transport ALONE which includes the one i dislike most - TAXI... this time, i prayed before going, hoping tat there might be some juniors who are going to ktm station wif me at the same time so tat i can tumpang along... i remember the last time when i travelled alone, God always send ppl to send me to ktm station... this time, amazingly i saw a tiny n ponytailed girl at the bus stop n so i called out "ERINNNnnn" ... i found out tat she too, is on her way to ktm station to go to her sister place... wow, first testimony of the day, God had send another person again... so on the way to the esso busstop (the place where all the taxi lined up preying for their next victim) another amazing thing happen, there was this rapid KL stopping there wif the door wide open... apparently tat was the first time Erin took rapid KL to ktm station coz she din noe tat rapid goes to ktm station too... so happily we boarded the bus wif only RM1 instead of RM4,5 or 6 charged by the taxi driver... when we reach the station, we saw tat a train juz pass by so we tot the next one will not be arriving til 20 minutes later so erin took her time to buy her ticket while i waited coz i got touch'n go... but in 5 minutes time, another train arrived n erin was half way queuing up for her ticket... but God never bless His children a little bit only but He continue to shower His favour on us... we tot tat we could not make it since the door of the train is already closed so again we took out time to walk slowly across the bridge to the other platform... but when we walked, we did not see the train moving so i decide to giv it a shot by running down the stairs n press the button beside the door n at tat moment, i truly believe tat miracles do happen... the door actually opened... we went in the train speechless, in awe at the wonderful things tat had happen to us on the way... we felt God's presence was so strong tat erin n i were so overwhelmed... God's favour is really showering us tat we believe non of this would happen if it is not bcoz of God...

Last but not least, i could not stop praising Him for all the wonderful things He has done, is doing n will be doing in my life...

God is good, all the time...
And all the time, God is good...

Amen

5 comments:

Leen said...

Something I learn in church.

When you worship, be less self-conscious and be more God-conscious. ^___^

cheng ing said...

yes, eileen! i totally agree with that! thats why i love to be at the front row!:D

Wayfarer said...

I'm all out for giving your best to God. I have 2 questions.

1-Is LOUD the only way to judge an instrument and musician? If we talk strictly on skill, I believe a drummer, who can play well AND control volume is a far more skillful player than one who can only play LOUD. And in these days, most things are mic in. Why don't we turn the volume to the max? Or maybe that's already happening?

2-Is God deaf? Is that the reason why the music needs to be loud? I think God would be concern for your ears when the music gets too loud. 20 minutes in a rock concert will give you a certain degree of permanent ear damage. People only go to rock concert once in a while. Most of you, my friends, go at least once a week. I am concerned for you.

Pat said...

hi leen,
yup... God-conscious... tat's wat i've been struggling wif n now i'm finally set free from it...

Cheng ing,
thanz to u i was forced to sit in front too n get such a wonderful experience...

hi fren,
thanz for the concern... i was juz sharing my personal thoughts on this matter... tat was an answered prayer n i juz wan to share it out... now i can really worship God without having second thoughts... ur questions did let me think for a while, but til the next testimony came out, this will be my breakthrough... thank you fren!!!

gloria :) said...

very encouraging, pat.. it was wad i struggled for two weeks while i was here too.. but God told me exactly what he revealed to u! p&w is between God and myself...It's my prob..not their prob!!