Friday, November 21, 2008

Lesson learned on 'Peace'

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. "

Jesus of Bethlehem

What is peace to you(me)?

When this verse was chosen for Homes (church cell group) as the study material, immediately it strikes me. God had to use so many incidents juz to teach me a lesson on peace, which i fail miserably to catch during that time but looking back at all the 'accidents' i had the past few weeks, it all started to make sense. God.is.actually.trying.to.teach.me.something!

# incident 1
one morning, while trying to withdraw money from an atm machine, my card got stuck. At least i tot it was that time. So i called IMMEDIATELY to the customer service to deactivate my card. When you think that's the end of the story, NO! Few days later, i found out my card is juz in my purse, only at different location, i dunno what on earth happened to me that day. The only thing i remembered was to ignore the 'feeling' of 'everything is going to be alright, trust Me!'

# incident 2
then, it so happen that after one week, my purse was stolen. At least i tot it was that time. So once again, being a smarty-pant, i called the other bank to deactivate my card almost immediately. Then the next day, someone found it lying around somewhere and pass it to the librarian. So you know the rest of the story. I once again isolate the 'feeling' of 'Yes! Your purse have been found!'

the thing is, i have been ignoring this 'feeling' of stillness and assurance. THAT, my dear friends, is not juz a feeling. It's the PEACE that i was hoping to experience all this while in my daily walk with God. so much for a lesson learnt from lacking of peace... haha

wonder y God is willing to spend so much time on an idiot like me... =_=


No comments: