Sunday, June 29, 2008

Preparing for Mount Trusmadi...

yup, in 2 hours time, germany will be playing against spain, which is y i stay up til now n hav nth to do... so i decide to update a bit here...

yes, i will be departing from Sibu on the 1st July on my 2nd trip to KK, Sabah (the land below the wind/negeri di bawah bayu) which is my fav place in malaysia other than my hometown... however enthusiastic i may be, i've always feel the pressure n the fear... pressure from parents coz they are worried bout me climbing a mountain which i, myself hav not a single idea of... my mum especially is always worried about where i'm gonna stay, wat i'm gonna eat etc etc n sometimes even i cannot answer all the ques she bombarded wif but instead i try my best to comfort her tat i will be just fine, despite not having a fit body for mount climbing... second is the fear n the fear of death... my biggest fear is not death actually but to know tat if i died up there in the mountains, all my love ones will be so sad n i really don't want tat to happen... but sometimes i could not help but to fear death (not to the extent of suddenly wake up in the middle of the night n found myself sweating bcoz of nightmare lah)

to climb a mountain is actually a humbling process,
to see how great God is...
to see how beautiful His creations are...
to see how little I am...
to see how small my problems are...
to see this world thru His eyes...

i therefore surrender everything to Him, all my fears, all my expectations and all my dreams... do remember me in your prayers... will keep u all updated wif my pics... can't wait to take sui sui pics up there...


meanwhile, look at wat i found out about mount Trusmadi online...

Mount Trusmadi, measuring at 2,462m, is Malaysia’s second highest mountain after Gunung Kinabalu but is said to offer a much more challenging climb. Its richly forested slopes, inhabited by a myriad species of birds and animals, are a trekker's dream.

Trusmadi Mount, at 2,462m or 8,669ft, is Malaysia’s second highest mountain after Gunung Kinabalu (4,101m or 13.433ft) but is much tougher to climb. It lies between the districts of Tambunan to the north and Keningau to the south (in the state of Sabah in Borneo).

Unlike Mount Kinabalu which is visited by thousands of people every year, Mount Trusmadi – situated some 70km southeast of Kota Kinabalu – is not a tourist mountain and is rarely visited. Until recently, only one or two expeditions climb the mountain each year.

The slopes of the mountain, which are covered with rich vegetation houses many species of birds, animals and plants, making it a trekker's haven.

The summit is reputed to have the best dawn view of Mount Kinabalu, which lies over 40km to the north. A unique pitcher plant, Nepenthes x trusmadiensis (a natural hybrid between Nepenthes lowii and Nepenthes edwardsiana) is found here and nowhere else.

Hehe, view of Mount Kinabalu from Mount Trusmadi... at least this pic motivates me to climb... later can take this view wif my own camera... so syok...


in the meantime, i better prepare myself for the tiger leeches there... arggghhhh!!! see the name already give me creeps...

2 comments:

Leen said...

1. Germany lost. =/
2. When in the world did you decide to do this?
3. When are you going to do it?
4. Who are you going with?

That's such an awesome trip. O.o I so want to climb a mountain. Right now, I have only been able to do competitive wall climbing once, a little bit of rock climbing, 1 jungle trekking, and 2 kayaking.

Your one trip pwns all of mine. WAH!! I want to go too!!

Pat said...

1. Spain won!!!! \^_^/ n torres scores...
2. When Tim invited me to go climb mountain.
3. I will start on 4th July.
4. Tim, Grace, Andersen, me n the other one i dunno...

come back quick!!!